Current information at a glance
Still reliable service and fulfillment
We have been monitoring the situation in the corona crisis very closely and a corresponding organizational structure has been set up to quickly react to new developments. We have put precautionary measures (e.g. hygiene and behavioral rules) in place for all staff to ensure the health and safety of our employees and secure the continuation of our business operations for our customers around the world.
Because of the global discussion on the issue of state aid for airlines, we would like to give you an update on the current economic situation of Lufthansa Technik, being a 100% subsidiary of Deutsche Lufthansa AG. We can assure you that the current financial situation of Lufthansa Group and also the negotiations for state aid have no impact on the operations of Lufthansa Group and Lufthansa Technik in particular. Lufthansa Technik still provides reliable services and fulfillment, and this is not at all in danger for the foreseeable future.
- We can rely on a solid network of global MRO operations in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. Although operations of individual facilities are affected due to local government-imposed actions , the global supply chain is coping with the current situation.
- Our vast network of subcontractors for MRO services as well as a multitude of material stocking locations within the Americas puts us in a comfortable position.
- Measures are being taken in order to secure a stable supply chain.
- In case of further operational constraint (due to external reasons for example) we will inform you immediately and implement appropriate measure.
On 7 April 2020, Lufthansa Technik has announced that the company has reached an agreement with the bodies of co-determination and its operating partners to introduce short-time work. This applies to all German sites and companies with the exception of Lufthansa Technik AERO Alzey (LTAA) and Lufthansa Bombardier Aviation Services (LBAS). The agreement thus applies to around 12,000 employees. Lufthansa Technik's availability to its international customers at all times, even during the crisis, will not be affected by the short-time work. In cases where the usual contacts in sales and production are not available due to these measures, Lufthansa Technik customers can now turn to the central contact addresses and phone numbers on a dedicated website. Please find the respective link at the bottom of this page.
Very dynamic situation
At this point in time, further developments are hard to predict. Nevertheless, we are in close contact with our stakeholders and partners, and will continue to implement measures to mitigate potential operational and economic effects for you.
- Pax to Cargo: Modifying your aircraft for cargo transport
- Lufthansa Technik Shenzhen: In full operations again
- Aircraft parking: Agreed procedures at many locations
- Line Maintenance Planning: AVIATAR solution also for parked aircraft
- Lufthansa Technical Training: Ready for distance learning
- ADS-B implementation: Last chance to upgrade your fleet
- Subscribe to our newsletter