Cabin interior made from
For environmental-friendly cabin concepts
Aircraft operators are constantly looking for ways to make flying more sustainable. With AeroFLAX Lufthansa Technik has developed the first airworthy composite solution based on renewable, eco-efficient and airworthy pre-impregnated fiber – or prepreg in short – meeting the flammability requirements for aircraft cabins.
With its unique combination of ampliTex™ and powerRibs™ flax fiber reinforcements and a bio-based resin system, a cabin component's weight can be reduced by up to 20 percent and additional CO2 savings can be leveraged over its entire lifecycle.
As new eco-efficient aircraft types will only come into market in a decade and as every part that is made of glass fiber or carbon fiber can also be made of flax fiber, the entire interior cabin lining can soon be made of AeroFLAX – during line-fit on-site at the aircraft manufacturer or during retro-fit.
Some application Areas for AeroFLAX are
- Sidewall panel
- Ceiling panel
- Door frame lining
- Lavatory shroud
With AeroFLAX, Lufthansa Technik is paving the way to a more environmental-friendly aircraft interior. By offering eco-efficient materials for cabin interior, additional weight and CO2 savings can be achieved and sustainability becomes perceivable on board.
- Flax fibers and a bio based resin system allows for revolutionary lightweight component designs saving up to 20 % weight
- Improve eco footprint through bio based materials
- Unique combination of natural fibers and bio based resin system
- Weight and CO2 saving potential thanks to renewable flax fibers and their unique material properties
- Innovative fiber and resin treatment to achieve FAR25.853 requirements