- Lufthansa Technik does not collect personally identifiable information through the Internet or otherwise unless you explicitly choose to provide this information. If Lufthansa Technik collects information, this will only be for clearly specified purposes.
- When you choose to provide us with information, it is kept strictly confidential. We do not sell, share or in any way disclose the information obtained for specific purposes to third parties unless obliged to do so by law and/or legal proceedings (e.g., court orders).
- The data our customers provide us with is discarded as soon as the original purpose is no longer relevant or the customer informs us that he/she desires the data to be discarded.
- Whenever Lufthansa Technik collects personal data, the latest security technology is used. Currently, a SSL is in use to make sure that third parties (e.g., ISPs, network companies, ...) cannot access the content transmitted via the Internet.
- We make every effort to keep data given to us accurate and up to date, and we will process requests for updates quickly and reliably.
- We make sure that our staff are trained to adhere to these standards. Our employees sign a statement of commitment to these principles.
In order to optimize and personalize our online services to meet your needs, we employ a technology called cookies for personalized sessions. We assure you that we discard this information as soon as you terminate the session. The information collected to optimize our Internet site (e.g., domain name, pages viewed, number of visits, time spent on our site) is only used to improve the website and its content. The analysis of this data preserves the anonymity of our customers.
A cookie is a small element of data that can be exchanged between an Internet site and a client's browser. It can be stored on either side to enable the Internet application to recognize the client on return. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and you may choose to accept the cookie or not. If you do not accept the cookie the corresponding Internet page cannot be accessed. If you accept the cookie, you can delete it from the file (cookies.txt) or from the directory (e.g.: ..\WINNT\cookies\...) after the session.
SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
We employ a technology called SSL to make sure that confidential data cannot be intercepted by third parties. To ensure this level of security, the LHT Internet server bears a certificate in keeping with common practice in e-business. This certificate is issued by a security provider. In the case of LHT, the provider is "TC TrustCenter GmbH", which is based in Hamburg. "TC TrustCenter" is known and accepted automatically by your browser as an official security provider in the case of Version 5.01 and higher for MS Internet Explorer or Version 4.5 or higher for Netscape Communicator. Please refer to the corresponding user manuals made available to you when you get your authorization for further technical details.
In Europe the following legislation applies to the subject of data privacy:
DIRECTIVE 95/46/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
For Germany this directive is implemented by the "Bundesdatenschutzgesetz". In addition, the following legislation is of relevance to this subject: "Teledienstegesetz" and "Teledienstedatenschutzgesetz".
LHT has appointed Dr. Barbara Kirchberg-Lennartz as the data protection officer for Lufthansa Technik. She can be reached as follows:
Dr. Barbara Kirchberg-Lennartz
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Dep.: FRA DSB
This website uses etracker technology to collect visitor behavior data. The data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor's local browser cache. Using such cookies it is possible to recognize the visitor's browser.
The data collected via etracker technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of the website visitor or compiled with personal data pertaining to the user of the pseudonym unless agreed to separately by the person concerned. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services (see "Link to other sites").
Last modification 1 June 2012